Wednesday, April 1, 2009

CVS - 4 New Notes

1) I found a magazine called Reinventing Beauty on a shelf in the makeup dept. this week. It has Jennifer Aniston on the front of this issue. The magazine has an insert with several coupons in it - some CVS coupons and some manufacturer coupons. The cost of the magazine is .99, but just this week, I saved $4.00 using some of those coupons (Veet -$2 and Softsoap - $2) and still have several good ones (Softsoap, Irish Spring, etc.) that won't expire until 6/30/09.

2) I glanced at the I Heart CVS site earlier when I posted about it in my CVS Tips article, but have revisited it lately, and discovered some other bonuses about it. Under "Weekly Deals" in the right side bar, it lists dates for the CVS circulars. They already have posted the circulars for the next two weeks, as well as the April Extra Value Book, below that under "Monthly Deals." I've found this useful in my shopping. I went ahead and looked at the ECB items for those circulars so I would know the products I might be able to get good deals on in the near future. If some of those items are on my shopping list already, but I can get by for one more week without them (knowing they will be on sale next week), I will spend less money on my purchase.

Example: I'm low on shaving cream and would typically go ahead and get it on my next trip to Wal-Mart so I won't run out. I see, though, that Skintimate Shave Cream will be offered free after ECB's next week, so I can hold off on my purchase and save our money!

3) Another useful item on the website is the list of deals below the pictured circulars (click on the dates of the week/month). The author of the site lists the ECB offers and then follows each offer with a list of any coupons that you might have clipped and where and when it was available in the paper. This can save you lots of time and thinking! I'm still going to go through my files because I get misc. coupons from places other than the newspaper, but this will definitely give me a head start on my search.

4) Beginning April 1, your ECBs earned from 2% of your winter spending and $1.00 from every 2 prescriptions purchased are available. They should automatically print at the bottom of your next receipt, but if you want to print them early (in case you want to use them on your next purchase), you can go to CVS.com, look up your account (you will have to sign up if you haven't already, but then you will get some occasional coupons in your email), and print them off. I just printed mine, and I earned $10.50 over the winter dates. (We filled lots of prescriptions, unfortunately!) That brings my current total of Extra Care Bucks to $34.00! Woo-Hoo!

1 comment: