Friday, April 17, 2009

Product Reviews

One of the most difficult parts of my new efforts to shop wiser is trying new products. Most of the hair and make-up products that I use, I've been using for years. They are tried and true, and (prior to my new hobby) I didn't see the point in switching. I did try some of that new mineral make-up a few months ago and wasted a lot of money in doing so. I ended up givng most of it away. It just didn't offer enough coverage for my complexion issues.

There are some products that I simply am not willing to budge on. Something major is going to have to happen before I switch my deodorant. Some of you following my CVS deals might have noticed that I bought 10 of the Ultimate Clear (Go Fresh) bottles during March's Dove sale. I won't go into detail, but I've done a lot of research on antiperspirants. I tried nearly every brand in my teenage years, but never found one that really worked for me. I stumbled upon this one when I forgot to take mine to Jim's folks one weekend. I borrowed some from Lynnsey and have never used anything else .

Since the following products were free, or nearly so, in my wheeling and dealing, and I wasn't tied to a specific brand already, I've given them a shot.


Skintimate Cream Shave This was one of the "free after ECB" products at CVS a couple of weeks ago, so I "bought" it. I've been using a shaving gel -- the cheapest WM sold -- but even Wal-Mart can't beat free! The information on the Skintimate cream boasts that it will not form a lather. It comes out as a lotion-type liquid and you put it on and shave it off. It seems to take a lot of it to do the trick and as they boast, it never lathers up! I will go ahead and finish this bottle, but then will return to the gel.

.
CoverGirl Lash Blast Luxe I was a little dubious since it said something about having a shimmer on the description, but for the price, it was worth a shot. I didn't really notice any glitter, and the mascara works great! I've tried something different (usually whatever I had a coupon towards) for my last several mascara purchases, and this is my favorite of all those tested. Jim even noticed a difference!

Garnier Fructis Curl Shaping Gel This was another CVS deal, so I thought I would try it. I was looking for a quick way to style my hair without having to dry and straighten it, and I'm giving it a thumbs up (Isaac's new sign of approval). It says to spray it on damp hair and create ringlets by twisting it around your fingers. Then, either leave the twisted ringlets and let air-dry or dry with a diffuser. I twisted it all over, sprayed lightly with hairspray, and let it air dry. It worked pretty well for a tossled, wavy look. It might be smoother if I used a diffuser, but I was looking for a fast option. I think I found one.

No comments:

Post a Comment