Upon first glance, my CVS Savings post for this week may not look as impressive as it did last week. I altered my plan after I got there and did spend a little more out of pocket than I have been. My overall savings is still very nice, though, and I purchased some bigger (bulk) items, as well as some pricier items. The thing that pushed my spending up was the Neutrogena sale. The CVS stores around here have all been re-doing their makeup sections. This week, the Neutrogena make-up was marked 40% off, and they only had 3 of the concealer products that I normally buy left. It appears that both CVS and Wal-Mart are discontinuing the under-eye concealer I use, so I went ahead and got them since it was such a good price.
The deal I was most proud of this week was on the Pantene products. I had 3 coupons that said something like, "free syling product with purchase of shampoo and conditioner." Jim has been using the Wal-Mart version of Pantene, but prefers the shampoo/conditioner combo to save time. I thought that the coupons wouldn't work for me because he didn't want separate bottles. I got to looking this week, though, since they were on sale, and found some combo versions that said "shampoo and conditioner" on the bottles. I asked the manager if they would work with the coupon (since the wording was the same) and he said that they would, as long as I used them in 3 different transactions. Another bonus, CVS was running a deal that if you purchased a shampoo and conditioner (on sale 2/7.00), you would receive $2.00 back in ECB's. I didn't know this until he rung me up, but he counted my combo bottle as counting for both, and gave me $2.00 in ECB's for each bottle!!! So...I purchased three combo bottles of Pantene shampoo/conditioner for $3.50 each, got 3 free jars of the Pantene Mask (normally $5.86 each!) for hair repair (see post below on this topic), and also received $6.00 back in Extra Bucks, $4.00 of which I used toward the rest of my purchases in my last transaction. Woo-Hoo!!!
I was also tickled with the Kotex purchases. I was able to combine their sale prices, their ECB's, and my coupons to purchase 2 boxes for less than the price of one box at Wal-Mart.
On the free after ECB's items this week, they actually paid me $3.00 to bring them home. I had a $1.50 coupon for the Softsoap Bodywash from the Reinventing Beauty magazine (the one with Jennifer Aniston on the cover) and 2 $.75 coupons for the 2 Colgate toothbrushes. I was able to apply this extra cash toward my other purchases.
Overall, I purchased 2 12-packs of Dr. Pepper, 1 12-pk of Diet Dr. Pepper, 6 boxes of Kotex, 3 bottles of Pantene Shampoo and Conditioner, 3 jars of Pantene hair mask, 1 Softsoap Bodywash, 1 bottle of Neutrogena oil-free sunscreen, 3 bottles of Garnier Nutritioniste Face Scrub/Cleanser, 1 bottle of Neutrogena Baby Pure and Free Sunscreen, 1 bottle of Softsoap refill, 2 Colgate 360 toothbrushes, 2 Neutrogena undereye concealers, and 1 Neutrogena blemish concealer. I started the day with $34.06 in ECB's and ended with $35.47 in ECB's plus 50 cents in my pocket (one didn't print right, so he just gave me the difference out of the drawer rather than messing with the paperwork).
The deal I was most proud of this week was on the Pantene products. I had 3 coupons that said something like, "free syling product with purchase of shampoo and conditioner." Jim has been using the Wal-Mart version of Pantene, but prefers the shampoo/conditioner combo to save time. I thought that the coupons wouldn't work for me because he didn't want separate bottles. I got to looking this week, though, since they were on sale, and found some combo versions that said "shampoo and conditioner" on the bottles. I asked the manager if they would work with the coupon (since the wording was the same) and he said that they would, as long as I used them in 3 different transactions. Another bonus, CVS was running a deal that if you purchased a shampoo and conditioner (on sale 2/7.00), you would receive $2.00 back in ECB's. I didn't know this until he rung me up, but he counted my combo bottle as counting for both, and gave me $2.00 in ECB's for each bottle!!! So...I purchased three combo bottles of Pantene shampoo/conditioner for $3.50 each, got 3 free jars of the Pantene Mask (normally $5.86 each!) for hair repair (see post below on this topic), and also received $6.00 back in Extra Bucks, $4.00 of which I used toward the rest of my purchases in my last transaction. Woo-Hoo!!!
I was also tickled with the Kotex purchases. I was able to combine their sale prices, their ECB's, and my coupons to purchase 2 boxes for less than the price of one box at Wal-Mart.
On the free after ECB's items this week, they actually paid me $3.00 to bring them home. I had a $1.50 coupon for the Softsoap Bodywash from the Reinventing Beauty magazine (the one with Jennifer Aniston on the cover) and 2 $.75 coupons for the 2 Colgate toothbrushes. I was able to apply this extra cash toward my other purchases.
Overall, I purchased 2 12-packs of Dr. Pepper, 1 12-pk of Diet Dr. Pepper, 6 boxes of Kotex, 3 bottles of Pantene Shampoo and Conditioner, 3 jars of Pantene hair mask, 1 Softsoap Bodywash, 1 bottle of Neutrogena oil-free sunscreen, 3 bottles of Garnier Nutritioniste Face Scrub/Cleanser, 1 bottle of Neutrogena Baby Pure and Free Sunscreen, 1 bottle of Softsoap refill, 2 Colgate 360 toothbrushes, 2 Neutrogena undereye concealers, and 1 Neutrogena blemish concealer. I started the day with $34.06 in ECB's and ended with $35.47 in ECB's plus 50 cents in my pocket (one didn't print right, so he just gave me the difference out of the drawer rather than messing with the paperwork).
Cost of Items (at Wal-Mart): $152.29
Spent Out Of Pocket (OOP): $58.15
Weekly Savings: $94.14 --- Woo-Hoo!!!
7-Week Totals:
All of THIS FOR $129.96 ---Total Savings: $417.98

No comments:
Post a Comment