I get giddy every week when it comes time to do my shopping. It is silly, I know, but it is great for both me and our budget! I get my shopping fix without spending a lot of cash, and I feel like I'm contributing a little extra to our family's savings.
I've been working the reward program for seven weeks now. To see if all this work is worth my time and energy, I've been keeping some calculations on my savings. I am not including the first two weeks in the totals; I used my savings for those two weeks to repay the initial investment I made in order to begin accumulating Extra Care Bucks (ECB's). At week three, I'm saying I broke even with my investment and am moving forward with my calculations.
The following photos are of my weekly purchases at CVS. Under each photo, I will include how much I payed out of pocket (OOP), as well as how much I would have payed if I had made that same total purchase at Wal-Mart without any coupons (COST). I will then give a total savings for the week's purchase. {CVS lists a "Total Savings" at the bottom of the receipts, but since most of their regular prices are higher than Wal-Mart's, I'm only giving myself credit for counting what I saved based on where I would have otherwise actually purchased the items.}
Week Three: Two Jumbo packages of Pampers; Carnation Instant Breakfast; 2 Dove conditioner; 2 Dove deodorants; Covergirl facepowder, 2 eyeshadows, and blush; and Gillette Fusion Men's razor
OOP: $23.89 COST: $68.51 SAVINGS: $44.62
Week Four: Box of Nature Valley granola bars; 2 boxes of Fiber One granola bars; 2 Palmolive dishsoaps; Orajel pre-brush gel; 2 Vaseline lotions; D vitamins; 2 Fructis conditioners; Fructis styling gel; Kotex; Oral-B floss
OOP: $1.51 COST: $38.23 SAVINGS: $36.72
Week Five: 2 boxes Quaker granola bars; 2 boxes Quaker instant oatmeal; 2 12-pk Aquafina water bottles; 5 Dove conditioners; Dove shampoo; Irish Spring bodywash; 2 Glade sanitizing sprays; 4 Glade candles; 6 Dove deodorants; Colgate toothpaste; 2 pks gum; 60-ct Bandaids; Neosporin-To-Go
OOP: $21.47 COST: $91.30 SAVINGS: $69.83
Week Six: 2 St. Ives Apricot Scrubs; St. Ives bodywash; Lysol All-Purpose cleaner; Schick Quattro women's razor; twin-pk Crest toothpaste with Scope; Crest Pro-Health toothpaste; Neutrogena liquid base (make-up)
OOP: $9.45 COST: $46.23 SAVINGS: $36.78
Week Seven: PAAS Easter Egg decorating kit; 2 Veet kits (beach-bound in May!); Windex Multi-Surface cleaner; Fantastik All-Purpose cleaner; 2 Oust Surface and Air sprays (Hello, Diaper Genie!!!); Softsoap Ensembles pump and refill; 2 pks gum; 2 pks Mentos
OOP: $5.27 COST: $43.79 SAVINGS: $38.52
Following week seven, my total spending for all this pictured loot was $61.59 and my savings was $226.47! Woo-Hoo!

I get really excited about a bargain too!! LOL Keep up the good work!
ReplyDeleteThat's great! It's such a rush, isn't it?
ReplyDeleteThanks!
ReplyDeleteYes, it is very exciting!