I've been accomplishing a lot with my CVS deals again lately and have left each of the last two weeks with several sacks of items and only 50 cents out of pocket! (list to follow) I'm now researching other ways to maximize my coupons and help reduce our grocery bill. Typically, I stick with Wal-Mart and price match from the other grocery circulars. Making only the one stop is just easier with 2 kids in carseats! However, Isaac will begin attending a preschool for a couple of hours 2 days a week starting in September, and I'm thinking I could use that time to get my grocery shopping and any other errands done. With only 1 child to buckle/unbuckle/say "No" to, I'm thinking I might be willing to tackle some additional grocery stores if it would save us some money. I called several grocery stores and checked on coupon rules today. This is for the stores here, so it might be different for yours, but I thought I'd share what I found anyway.
Kroger will triple up to 39 cents and double up to 50 cents every day when you use your Kroger card first. There is a limit of 3 coupons per item (i.e. 3 coupons for 3 of the same item) per transaction. She suggested that if you want to purchase more than 3 of something and have more than 3 coupons to just check out multiple times.
Albertson's has no card and triples up to 39 cents and doubles (she specified "manufacturers coupons") up to 50 cents every day. She said there were no limits. I realized after talking to her that their circular contains store coupons. I'm curious to know if they allow stacking (using both man. and store coupons on the same item). I'll have to check on that.
Tom Thumb will double or triple only the first coupon per item, but will accept additional coupons at face value for additional items. They triple up to 40 cents and double up to 50 cents every day. They do require you to use the Tom Thumb discount card to get the savings.
Wal-Mart said they don't double or triple, but of course do the price-matching. I asked about matching other store brands with the Great Value brand, and the lady I spoke with said they don't do that. NOTE: I asked a checker about it today, and she said that WM does match their store brands to other stores' brands (i.e. Great Value to Kroger's Brand) and that they also match any meat prices if they are the same product/size, etc.
I decided this info might be helpful in determining if it would benefit me more to just price match at Wal-Mart or make a trip to another store and maximize my coupons. Let me know if you have any tips on this!
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment