Last week, I finally did get a $4/$20 coupon. I was soooo excited...until I noticed that the fine print said on a CVS-brand item. This is still better than nothing, but not nearly as nice as the general $4/$20 coupon I was receiving so often before. Not only was I able to use those coupons on anything, I could also combine them with my manufacture coupons and score some really great deals. I did combine this week's coupon with some CVS nut coupons and some CVS pain relief coupons that had previously printed out at the red coupon machine, but I doubt I do this very often.
This week, I purchased a one-pound bag of almonds, a 20 oz bag of cashews, 3 Adidas deodorants, Colgate Max-Fresh toothpaste, 3 boxes of chocolate chip/raspberry Special K Bars, 2 boxes of CVS-brand heat wraps, Neutrogena Moisturizer, and 2 insulated can coozies. (Isaac thought he needed one for his lemonade!) I had to make a couple of adjustments in figuring what the items would have cost if purchased at Wal-Mart. For the coozies, I just used the CVS price since it was a specialty item. For the nuts and heat wraps, I used the Wal-Mart brand items for my comparisons. For the deodorants, I used the Wal-Mart price of Jim's normal deodorant since our Wal-Mart doesn't carry Adidas deodorant.
This week, I purchased a one-pound bag of almonds, a 20 oz bag of cashews, 3 Adidas deodorants, Colgate Max-Fresh toothpaste, 3 boxes of chocolate chip/raspberry Special K Bars, 2 boxes of CVS-brand heat wraps, Neutrogena Moisturizer, and 2 insulated can coozies. (Isaac thought he needed one for his lemonade!) I had to make a couple of adjustments in figuring what the items would have cost if purchased at Wal-Mart. For the coozies, I just used the CVS price since it was a specialty item. For the nuts and heat wraps, I used the Wal-Mart brand items for my comparisons. For the deodorants, I used the Wal-Mart price of Jim's normal deodorant since our Wal-Mart doesn't carry Adidas deodorant.
Cost of Items (at Wal-Mart): $59.99
Spent Out Of Pocket (OOP): $22.65
Weekly Savings: $37.34
10-Week Totals:
All of THIS For $274.31 --- Total Savings: $639.95

No comments:
Post a Comment