I was a little disappointed in my CVS transactions the past two weeks. I'm not sure whether I've reached the point with CVS that they are pretty sure they have my business or whether they have just cut back on their coupon generosity to everyone, but I've not received a $4 off of $20 coupon in three weeks now. Before that, I was getting 3 or 4 each week, at least one every time I scanned my card at the little red coupon machine or checked out. They really helped my dealing because I could divide my purchase into $20 transactions and save a lot of money! Without them, I'm not doing nearly as well. According to the comments on I Heart CVS, I suspect they are probably beginning to feel the effects of the recession and have just cut back. Several people have had the same coupon complaint lately. I also noticed that Walgreens has discontinued their rewards program and CVS has changed their monthly rewards book. This month's book only had 2 or 3 ECB items in it. --- My plan is to keep watching the deals and try to buy enough of what we are low on to at least keep my ECB's rolling over (they are good for 4 weeks each). I am prepared, though, to stop "CVSing" and just spend them on diapers or something else useful rather than lose them or waste them on items we won't use.
Even if I stop, I'm overall happy with the way I have attacked the deals. I've saved my family a lot of money on items we will use, and I do have a nice little store built up. Jim and I went through our list of personal items the other day, and the only things we can think of that we don't have at least one more of in stock is my mascara, my shaving gel, and some cartridges for my new razor. My new mascara will last quite a while. I will just buy a cheap shaving gel at Wal-Mart and then wait a little while to see if my cartridges go on a deal at CVS. I have a $4 coupon to use on those. We also have plenty of cleaning supplies, as well as enough sunscreen and new wound treatment products to make a nice little first aid kit for vacation.
Even if I stop, I'm overall happy with the way I have attacked the deals. I've saved my family a lot of money on items we will use, and I do have a nice little store built up. Jim and I went through our list of personal items the other day, and the only things we can think of that we don't have at least one more of in stock is my mascara, my shaving gel, and some cartridges for my new razor. My new mascara will last quite a while. I will just buy a cheap shaving gel at Wal-Mart and then wait a little while to see if my cartridges go on a deal at CVS. I have a $4 coupon to use on those. We also have plenty of cleaning supplies, as well as enough sunscreen and new wound treatment products to make a nice little first aid kit for vacation.
For the week of 3-26-09, I bought 2 Mega packs of Pull-Ups, Fructis Leave-In Conditioner, Neutrogena Moisturizer, Neutrogena Healthy Skin Make-Up, 3 jars of Nivea Aftershave Balm, Neutrogena Deep Clean face cleanser, 4 bottles of Tresemme Gel, Tresemme Heat Tamer, and 2 Insulated Can Coozies.
Cost of Items (at Wal-Mart): $102.35
Spent Out Of Pocket (OOP): $71.71
Weekly Savings: $30.64
9-Week Totals:
All of THIS For $251.66 ---Total Savings: $602.61

No comments:
Post a Comment